Monday, January 5, 2009

how to be a housewife?

i tink God is teaching me how to be a housewife!!! :P Physically and emotionally. And, it's quite a lesson. To me, the emotional aspect tends to be more challenging. To be sastisfied staying at home, rely 0n my hubby to bring in the bread, and realising that my brain is not as well-used as in the corporate world, it is a major mindset shift. And, i've been praying for God to give me that little mercy to bring me thru. . Indeed, i know God is preparing me for motherhood. I guess this month of training of staying at home will surely prepare me for that one mth of confinement, doing nothing but juz baby...baby...baby stuff. i seriously tink i can handle advertisments and marketing proposals better than feeding or bathing a baby. And i'm praying for a little more motherly instinct!:)

At the same time, Ter is kinda happie that his wife is at home finally!!!!:p Yippee for him. He commented that i can be pretty career-minded and workaholic. And he prefers a wife to a career woman. :0 There's so many tots on my mind and i'm juz trying to process and structure them. My conclusion: no one will ever remember how efficient a marketing person u r or how many successful marketing campaigns u launched for the company, but ur family will always remember how good a mummy or wife u r to them.:P i was tinking if i wanna my little one to remember her mummy as the one who spends time to play and educate her or the exhausted working mummy who compensates with lavish gifts, but never able to spend quality time with her. To me, quality time IS quantity time. U will never be able to give quality time without giving quantity time. Shepherding a child's heart requires far more than juz engaging in fun weekend activites. It certainly requires daily effort and time in teaching, educating and building the kid's character. And truly, i realise that i need to get rid of this rat race corporate mind, realign my tots to be a happie mummy! :)

Housework gives me a headache!!! haha:)
But these days, i've been trying to be more a housewife to Mr Ter!!:)
Well, i'm certainly not the perfect housewife. But, i'm indeed trying my best to improve my housekeeping skills. Well, the next time u see Ter chair worship in church, do hop by and see his long-sleeved shirt and u'll know how my ironing skills have improved this month! haha:)

MAny have been talking about new year resolutions and they kinda have like so many resolutions on thir list and i wonder why bother with so many resolutions when u can't even fulfill like half of them. i hate making resolutions i can't keep and i hate to make resolution for the sake of it. Coz i hate making irreaslistic plans.

i remember every year at work, in Dec , i would be setting sales goals, potential clients to target on, plans for the next year. But, tis time round, i bide goodbye to all these. Juz one simple resolution i wanna keep or rather hope to keep as what i know God wants me to be : To be a spirited-filled mummy and wife beautiful in God's sight , to be less self-centred, to put my daughter's and hubby's interest above my own. Clothes do not make a woman beautiful. And, i juz wanna be that mummy or wife beautiful with a pure heart in the sight of God, knowing that even when i'm in plain berms and T-shirt without any accessories or makeup, i'm still most beautiful in God's eyes, in the eyes of my daughter and hubby. :)

No comments: