Monday, September 10, 2007

Poem: The Test

Life is not a dream
Filled with glorious things
It may sparkle, it may gleam,
But life is never what it seems

Setbacks we all have to handle
Our ideals and dreams, beneath us crumble
In all our life we have been humbled
Our ideals and dreams, no more to fondle

But hold! Alas, not all is lost
forget not our friends in whom we trust
Be bold and face up to our tasks
and with help, we'll fight on to the last

Fear not if we've won or lost,
As long as we've done our best
Disregard what was the cost
It's good just to have faced the test

--> LT1, Raffles Institution, 12th September 1994

My desperate plea with myself to study for my 'O' levels. I really didn't like studying, and I guess I was really stressed out like everyone else. Oh well, thank God that He brought me through it all. :)

No comments: