Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poem: Revealed Again

A reminder of my days long past
Flashes before my eyes,
Jerks me back from my self-delusion
The illusion that clouded my sight
The shelter behind which I hide
Now with so much time passing
And feelings sheved and sealed
Now torn open and hown to me
The oppressed emotion, I'm unsure of still

Rooted in my early days
It grew, bloomed and shone
Even with time it never decayed
After darkness in which enclosed
Now with this flash igniting the flame
I look upon this flower
Weary, but stil withered not
Abandoned, then grown untame
As I write in confusion
And a coward's shame

--> Unkown location, 18th May 1995

This poem deals with any suppressed guilt, and how it affects a person if not dealt with. This is also my first attempt at writing in prose. (Yes, I was trying to break away from the 4-line a/a/b/b or a/b/a/b style that marked my earlier darker poems)

No comments: