Sunday, September 23, 2007

Poem: Hear the Call of His Love

All my life I've walked a sinner
Holding hands with bitter deceit
Wallowed in my willing transgression
Lay in darkness as demons did

Deeper fallen with each step taken
Tighter bound by dark anger's snare
Deeper still, with each call forsaken
Each of of His loving care

To hear the call of His love
To once more know His lovely face
To be redeemed by His mercy
Oh! To live free by His grace!

Still, my darkness would not leave me
I had no strength to push away
I knew now how far I had fallen
Nearly drowned by my guilt and shame

Amidst my struggle
I heard His voice
Piercing through my heart of stone
I realised
how much I needed Him
As I wept aloud my Saviour's name

I heard the call of His love
I once more knew His lovely face
Iam redeemed by His mercy
I now live free by His grace

Come hear the call of His love
Come now to know His lovely face
Come be redeemed by His mercy
Oh! Come live free by His grace!
Oh! Come live free in His grace!

--> Location unknown, some time in March 2001

No comments: