Sunday, September 23, 2007

Poem: My Testimony

Reflections of my childhood,
innocent and carefree
I learned of the Lord Jesus
And what He had done for me

He moved my heart
Tenderly called me to His love
So I embraced Him in child-like faith
And from these chains of sin was saved
(Thank You Lord for Your grace!)

Reflections of my youth,
Scattered frealisations dawned on my mallleable mind
An avalanche of Questions
A phletora of merciless, piercing, staggering Doubts

What's the meaning of life?
Do we live to die?
What's my purpose in life?
What shall be my guide?
Is there truly justice?
The rich have power, the poor get poorer!
Why is mankind so cruel?
Politics, corruption, manipulation,
Gree, war destruction.

Thus I shrank into a bubble, of
...Isolation
Wont to voice my troubles, grows
...Frustration

I hated this world
Of clones trudging on to become
The ideal finished product of society
Akin to a psychopathic toy factory

Who's to save me from this incessant maddening?
Was I doomed to laugh to tears for naught?
Where were these answers I so desperately sought?

Yet for years, my sister,
My dear, dear sister prayed for me
And my Lord healed my shattered soul that on blessed night
As years of hurt dissolved in tears
As I long wept on my knees
My Lord restored to me my heart, my soul and my sanity.

-- NTU Hall 10 49-3-946, 1:06pm, 12th July 1999

I carry this poem in my wallet, as a reminder of how God preserved me from insanity. Praise God for His mercy and goodness, which saved a wretch like me. Hallelujah!

No comments: