Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poem: Seeping Away

Jet streams of mist
Surge from the ground
Sears my vision
Burning with confusion

My hands extend
beyond my vision
All in vain
to ease my pain

Lost! Blinded!
Save my wretched soul!
My life is seeping away
Through my mind's black hole

I cling desperately
To my last branch of sanity
The leaves befallen to the ground
Then sucked into calamity

A demon from my head
Greets me, mocks me, taunts me
Entices me to let go,
As my torment grows

I look into his face
So distant, yet so familiar,
That hate-embracing sneer
He stares straight back at me.

--> RJC LT2, Maths Lecture, 10.30am 7th February 1995

A mild version of my struggle with insanity, while I was still trying to get a grip on what was happening in my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.