Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poem: Sanity and Such

Insanity shows off a gleeful face
A swelling burst from pent-up days
An ailment recurring ever now and then
Incurable, but enjoyabe in many ways

Madness rears its ugly head
Untame laughter and wild hollering
Soothing screams of heartfelt needs
Pierce the transcient sanctity

Now sanity wages its crusade
Against its errant foes
A massive onslaught, to set things straight
To put their heads to roll

But with time, comes a calm onset
A time for peace, the soul to rest
Madness falls back, soons falls dead
Insanity retreats to its dormant state

A minor skirmish won yet again
Another triumph for the sane
But sullen madness rises, yet reborn
The final battles have yet been won

--> Bus #165, Upper Thomson Road, 3.35 pm, 21st August 1995

By Aug1995, I have come to marvel that I somehow had not yet gone insane. Each time I crossed the line, something keep me from going beyond the 'point of no return'. Today, I know it is the Holy Spirit that preserved my mind and my life. Hallelujah!

No comments: