Sunday, September 23, 2007

Poem: The Crevice Edge

The heart-shattering scream of searing torment
Limp corpses thrown off the crevice edge
Some stubborn, some unknowing
Still each having to pay the price of sin

Row upon row of people
Red flames cracking in anticipation
Reflected off each too familiar face
All veiled of eye, too hard of heart

They advance, surely, slowly
Herded on by the Deceiver
Prodded along like helpless slaves
To join him in his final fate

"Stop! Please! Before it is too late!"
"Can't you see what beyond, awaits?"
I screamed till my throat bled
Still no one heard me
From my loft perch

--> Pastor Emmanuel's living room, Pakistan, 11:45pm, 12th June 2000

Reflections of physical death, spritual death, and my lack of evangelism
Triggered by the suicide of Shakeel's cousin, on Shakeel's birthday.

No comments: