Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poem: Drowned in Sleep

Drowned by the incessant droning of swaying
heard from a wrecked galley hull
Of a distant time and space
That I've seen before somehow

Was it in my sleep? A dream?
Or a hallucination borne of a flustered mind?
Have my senses resorted to trickery?
Oh, these answers, an elusive find

My search brings me deep
into a dank tunnel of queries
As I wade through a sea of drowned voices
Lost, enshrouded in nauseous mystery



--> Location unknown, some time in October 1995

When I started writing this, I pictured myself as an old sailor, exploring the wreck of ship he used to sail. Searching for his lost memory, he started recalling that........
Then something broke my concentration, (probrably end of a lecture or something :P) and I lost the feel for it.

No comments: