Thursday, January 15, 2009

crash course!!!!

Last nite, Ter & I went for the Antenatal class by Thomson. Wow. It's truly overwhelming!
It kinda reminded me of attending a 3hr lecture or tutorial at NTU. Except that this time, we can't afford to doze off or sleep. Coz it's juz so important and i can't afford to do anything wrong, putting my own baby at risk to any danger becoz of my negligance.

The info provided even in bathing techniques are seriously overwhelming. All the " To Dos" and " Not To Dos"...wow...i dun ever tink i can remember all of them. I feel so inadequate as a mother coz i am truly a green horn, totally inexperienced even in carrying a baby, not to say bathe a baby.

Reality starts to sink in as i realise having a baby does not juz stop at shopping for her stuff. It also involves much much training and learning on my side: how to breastfeed, how to bathe, how to sterilise her bottles, how to carry her such that i dun twist her neck or arms, how to put her to sleep such that she will not be suffocated by pillows or others. The learning curve is gotta be real steep, and i realise i need to learn Fast and efficient. Time does not permit me to learn at my own pace. When the baby comes, even if i am not ready, i Have to be ready. :) I pray that God can give me wisdom in handling this small little vulnerable thing.:) I'm quite careless. So i seriously need to be more gentle. I wanna enjoy motherhood and the joys of bathing her or changing her diaper or even hearing her cries. And not a grumpy mother who gets irritated by her persistent crying. Oh God, help me! :)

It sounds pretty ridiculous and funny. haha:P But, Ter & I have been experimenting and practising the diff ways of carrying a baby on our little care bear since we have no dummy doll in the house: How to shift from my right to left arms. How to shift from horizontal position of carrying to vertical position. How to burb a baby. How to pass a baby to each other. <> It's like experimenting the 1001 ways to carry a baby. Quite fun and we both ended up laughing and throwing the bear to each other like captain's ball! ( IF onli we can throw little leong to each other like ball! How fun!! And convenient!!! But then again, God does not create babies to be passed like a ball:P Oh well......:) ) Okok, tis is juz plain fun!!!:P
My mil and mother will scream if they hear about tis.

Perhaps, this is what parenthood is all about. i wonder if anyone can " lend" us their baby to let us practise our bathing skills. :P Maybe Ter & I should juz have a date with Fang and Mingyong and bathe little Weiren. SOunds fun!

Oh ya. welcome to Parenthood, Daphne! All the best! U can do it! :P Go. Go. Go.....!!!

No comments: