Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kielli's coming out today!!! =)

This morning, just before I left home for work, Daphne had a little blood in her urine. So I scrambled to flip through our trusty "Mayo's Clinical Guide to Pregnancy" for a diagnosis....
"If there is blood, go to hospital, be kiasu abit" it said in more words than that.

So we hunkered down, and grabbed her bag:

Erm... I mean her delivery bag, my laptop, my reading materials and her handbag of creature comforts. =P

After dropping mom off at her office, we checked into the Delivery Suite and started getting comfortable


Looks nice doesn't it? It's so lovely here with a nice recliner bed for her, and a nice recliner chair for me. 11am: we're comfy and happily waiting for the contractions and other episodes of unexpected whatevers that the next hours have in store for us.

1pm: Contractions have started getting regular, and more intense. So we finally signed on the dotted line...

Yes, that's the epidural procedure acknowledgement form. The nice Dr Tan came in and explained the procedure to us, the risks, the blah blah blah, and what not. But he was really pro, talking us through the application of the needles and wires, and before we knew it, Daphne was sleeping like a baby. Okay, I exaggerate, but the numbness and relief was instantaneous and wonderfully soothing.

So why am I blogging now? Well, I did bring my laptop, but I forgot to bring my earphones (so no noisy games for me!). Daphne's sleeping (preserving her strength for the final lap) and I'm bored. So I logged into Wireless@sg, and started uploading the random pics we took while waiting around.

Woot, I never knew having a baby would be so fun! =)

Stay tuned for the commencing adventures of little beautiful Kielli Leong! =D =D

No comments: