Thursday, March 26, 2009

i survived!

Daphne:
Well....i survived 2 wks of confinement..n i'm so proud of it, though i kinda sneaked out twice in these 2 wks.

Life been preety fun with little Kielli. It's an aspect of life i have never enocuntered. Well, perhaps tis is motherhood.:) i wake up in the middle of nite, to peep at Kielli and her daddy while they sleep, examine their sleeping patterns & strange funny sleeping positions. And my heart melts. And i tot, hey, tis is so sweet...:) Tis is kinda s strange kind of contentment i have never experienced b4 in my entire life. Sometin strange & foreign to me. Yet sometin tat warms my heart. i can find no other word to describe it. ANd i can onli call it " motherhood" i guess. Perhaps, it's the motherly instinct.

The little gal has been growing n it's fun watching her grow. We've been reading John & Psalm to her daily when she was kinda like 3 mths in my tummy. And guess wat, when i started reading psalm to her again last week on a daily basis, she seems to understand wat i was reading. And i was so thrilled!! Yipee!!! i realise that i want to educate the little one the way/ methodology i want her to be educated, or rather i enjoy the freedom to educate her the way i want it to be, sometin more biblical or with scientific evidence. HAving a babysitter or caretaker who educates/trains her in a different old fashioned methodology seems to scare me. And i wonder how much the caretaker spends time in training or educating the little one, other than fulfilling the basic feeding needs.

I've been reading books on " how to play with babies" and " how to read to babies". And there's far more methodology in playing & reading to babies than i ever know. Eg: talking to babies in familiar words & reading to babies in " rare" words help them in language, sentence construction, grammer & vocab. I wonder how many caretakers in childcare centres are trained in such methodology and speak to my little one in proper sentences so that Kielli picks up the right sentence construction, enabling her to read n speak fluently in later phase of her life. Ok.ok. ok. Perhaps, i am a little demanding. But, these are exactly the tots going thru my mind after 2 wks with the littke gal. And i am currently processing them.

Ok. so 2 more weeks to go. I can't wait to get out of the house!! I'm already planning my to-do-list:

1) Do sometin with my hair with my favourite stylist at Jean Yip -Plaza Sing or SUpercuts- Far East.

2)HAve a mani & pedicure

3)Celebration Buffet

4)Date with Ter to watch Cats. Juz the 2 of us. Away from everyone!

5) Do a stock-take of my heels and shop for new pairs if necessary! i haven't bought any heels for the last 9 mths!

6) SWIM!!!

Good news! I've lost 10 kg. Shed 6 more kg and i will be back to my pre-preg weight! Yipee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jinyu

Happy for you that motherhood is so fulfilling. Pls let me know at which no you can be contacted. :)

Joo Bee