Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My car, the first week

Ahhh, I've been driving around with my new car since last Monday. It feels good to have freedom (or a restriction if you're finding a parking lot in the CBD) from public transport and its idiosyncrasies. Life's much better for my babies (the adult and near-infant ones) since we can go gallavanting around Singapore finding the makan to satisfy mommy's cravings :D

As usual, there are too many people clamouring for parking lots at my office, so I bought season parking for Ah Hood road, and I'm getting fitter every day walking 5 minutes up Irrawaddy hill to my office. On top of that, my Punggol season parking costs another little bomb, so that's $65+$90 per month I'm paying. Duh, I kinda miss the free parking at PLB (my old office). Oh well....

Topped up full tank last night, the previous tank lasting me for 9 days. After updating my petrol log book, my fuel consumption 15.1 km/l, not bad for a new car still under run-in. Hopefully I'll be able to get 17 km/l after run-in and after Dad installs Rocket Power and the other fuel capsule he's been selling as a sideline.

No comments: