Sunday, November 9, 2008

A new toy. Big blue toy hehe!

Today, I just spent a chunk of dough on a Toyota Corolla Axio X (Auto). After 5 years of dreaming of owning a car, and a few weeks of intense research and calculations, I finally signed on the purchase order with Hua Yang Enterprises Pte Ltd.

Ok, here's the exciting parts first. Here's what I got:
Engine: 1496 cc (110 bhp)
Transmission: Super CVT-I
Other Accessories:
i) Leather seats (topped up $700 for it)
ii) Full solar film
iii) Sony MP3 Player stereo system with speakers
iv) Reverse sensors (kinda standard item yes)
v) Sports rim (Daphne's good at bargaining heehee)



Hua Yang has a number of complaints posted online about their repeated late deliveries, and having "no stock" for their accessories.

But the sheer price difference between this offer and what others are offering (yes, even people I "know" couldn't come close) is too immense. $7k difference! With that I'm more than willing to risk not getting my 'freebies', since it's still a considerable cost savings.

I think I'm a picky customer. I made the salesperson write down on the sales order that they would guarantee delivery by 22 Jan 08. They said guarantee 4 bids COE, so that's the 7 Jan 09 bid. They also said they had the car in stock, already custom cleared, LTA inspected blah blah so I made them promise "delivery with full accessories installed" in writing.

Then they told me that they don't issue receipts for the deposit, so I made them photocopy the credit card slip and countersign as "PAID" on the deposit portion of the sales order. I think their forms and documentation super terok sia. So many spelling and grammar errors! And their Appendix attachment (for accessories) was not referred to in writing in the Sales Order! Their 'statement of warranty' was written in some obscure remarks column, and without a specific reference to the automechanic company nor the warranty programme!

Wah I tell you, I made him make at least 7-8 clarifications and amendments before I signed. (At least he was smiling when I made him write down the car manufacture date). And I refused to pay the deposit till his manager counter signed to 'approve' the purchase.

Ok, enough facts. How do I feel?

I feel kinda puzzled, erm... actually more of discontent. Cos I still can't figure out how this company is offering this kind of discount. Bulk orders? Reselling to other Parallel Importers(PIs)? Sounds believable, but other PI's say they won't break even unless the OMV is under $10k. Salesperson said omv is around $12k-$13k. Hidden costs? Can't find leh. I asked them on "Admin Fees" and nothing sinister turned up in the formal quote. Maybe it's a really good offer that God's given us, and I should be thankful that He let us stumble into it. (Plus, other "PI friends" said the offer is really a steal if it's honest.)

Anyway, I'm just hoping that they would keep their word for a 23 Jan 09 delivery. It'd be really tiring for Daphne to lug her volleyball/bowling ball around during CNY. It'd be such a blessing if the car turns up in decent order by then. :)

Ok, no time. I'll rant on getting parking space in office another time :P

ek;ltje

No comments: