Friday, October 31, 2008

t is for Taco!

ever since i was pregnant. i've been banned from sashimi! It's pretty crazy n boring to go to a Jap place n have cooked food. i seriously wonder how i've survived the sashimi ban. I seriously miss my maguro and hamachi. But hey, i did it!!!! AND my hubby is so proud of me! And i'm so proud he's so proud of me.

Since i can't have sashimi, i decide to shift my taste buds to elsewhere whereby i can eat FREELY without restriction with the menu. I hate to open up a menu n realise i have to abstain from half the menu. It's torturing!!! And i hate that feeling. Well, it's a choice i make. Since i can't have it, i DON"T wanna have it!!!! So , T& I decide to go Mexican these days! NAchos, tacos and more nachos. We've been exploring restauarnts with Nachos with diff dips.

Birthday was at Viva Mexican @ Cuppage. Pretty good food. Nachos with refreshing spicy chilli dip. Quite good! Thumbs up. Food was quite good. And the restaurant was real quiet . It's a place to enjoy real peace away from the shopping crowd. Price range: $35-45 per pax.

Went to CAfe Iguana today at Clarke Quay to satisfy my nacho craving. They have the cheese dip which i tot was rather heavy n too rich. I dun like it. But hubby kinda likes it apparently. Well, we R OPPOSITES even when it comes to eating. I kinda prefer it with the tomato salsa n avocado. Highly recommend the prawns. Juicy and elastic! One of the best prawns i've eaten. Comes in skewers with capsicum n onions in sizzler plate. So food stays warm for some time. But, this place rather crowded with lotsa expats. Rather rowdy crowd, those who kinda wanna party. Halloween tonite, perhaps that explains the crazy crowd too. Price range: $25-40 per pax.

Perhaps after the mexican craving, we'll starting going Indian. Hubby loves indian food! :) Watever, as long as there's no sashimi! I eat anything cooked!

No comments: