Monday, November 24, 2008

getting into routine

It's my 2nd working day since i was retrenched. And seriously, i'm feeling bored. Fri, i was still alright doing nothing, getting over the retrenchment. Sat n Sun was bz, as usual, with family and with Ter around, i dun feel so bored.

I realise that i need to have some routine, what i wanna do during this free time, rather than idling and doing nothing. I guess, i quite a workaholic and seriously, i enjoyed working and challenges. A life too free is simply Not ME! I enjoy accomplishments and getting tasks done. Being trained at NTU biz school, it is without doubt that sometimes, i tink quite corporately, is task-oriented and can be dominative at time. While i was still in spa marketing 1 yr back, i had 2 male executives whom i gotta trained. And i'm quite strict when they dun meet up to my expectations. i give instructions n i make sure they follow it. i'm those kind of " i dun care how u do it. But u just do it and get it right." Guess, one ego guy can't take it and complained to the boss about it. I simply told my boss he's not up to the task. This guy was gone in 3 mths time as he could not perform. In the past, i always told hubby that at work, i'm always making decisions for men who can't seem to make decent, sensible, logical decisions. And thus at home, i hate to make decisions. I luv it when Ter makes decisions.

I realise that i like men who CAN make decisions. And i luv ter becoz he's firm, convicted, not fickle and able to analyse and make decisions. I reallie reallie can't take fickle men who tell me Yes today and No tomorrow. But many times, i question the decisions made, why it was made, how it was made. And i learnt a very important lesson. At work, i make decisions as i need to. But at home, i'm a wife and should respect my husband as the head of the family and take any decision he make. I mean, he will be accountable to God and i believe very strongly that he luvs me very much and would make sensible decisions, not to harm but to protect me with his heart and mind. I trust him and his luv for God and me and with these, i do not question his authority and his decisions made. Ter says my tot streamline can be rather corporate and indeed, sometimes, i bring this mindset Home. And this is the last thing i should do, to dominate at home and bring biz terms in the family. Indeed, our marriage is Not a contract and should not be bound by well-defined biz terms and conditions, and measured in costs and profit to each party when we do anything.

Anyway, back to the main pt, the point is i'm quite a workaholic and i feel bored not working! haha...My mind needs to be in work mode most of the time and when i dun work, i feel lazy. Knowing my character, here's my to-do list or goals to achieve when i'm jobless, I realise i need plans to stay focused. If not, i;ll be sleeping till late everyday and wasting my time like a lazy fool!

Check-List:
1) Clean up the house
2) Start packing the house as i may be shifting to my in-laws place for little leong's arrival.
3) Take driving lessons and hopefully pass my driving test. But first, i gotta pass my theory. phew........sweat....i'm realie not the studying kind.
4) Finish up my parenting books
5) Catch up with old frens
6) Learn to be a housewife!!haha........
7) Plan menu for Homecooked dinner for kIm & lishan. Fun! i seldom have time to cook, so tis will be a good time to cook and bless our frens.
8) Coordinate Christmas party for GCSS group at lena Goh's house. ( minister to her husband)
9) Christmas party for my ex-colleagues
10) Confirm name for baby leong
11) Cook dinner at least twice a week
12) Breakfast for Ter
13) Coordinate belated birthday dinner for Auntie Diana
14) Spend time with my grandma
15) Lunch with Wendy
16) Lunch with Lena
17) Attend parenting talk at children's camp
18) Lunch with Fang

And yes, the places i wanna visit during my free time:
1) The zoo on a weekday where it's surely less less crowded
2) Read book, relax and laze at TCC, COffeebean, Starbucks
3) Luxurious food i always wanted to go:
- Weekday porridge buffet at Suntec
- Weekday Penang Buffet at Allson Hotel
- Weekday buffet lunch at Kushinbo
-Weekday dim sum buffet at Lao Beijing
4) Beach
5) Pulau Ubin
6) I wish i can go Bukit Timah Hill...........but guess, not with the little volleyball in me!!:P

No comments: