Wednesday, October 24, 2007

reflections

Yes. I've tendered my resignation letter last week. Someone offered me a job before i tendered and i rejected the offer.

Crazy. Yes. Most people tink i'm crazy. I tink i am too!:p
But when Moses brought the people of Israel to the waters, did the people too tink that he's crazy? When young David fought Goliath with 3 small stones, was he crazy too? Somehow, ya, by logical sense,it's really crazy.

To raise your rod, stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it. <>
Yet, it happened in God's word:

"Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided. So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and to their left.." Exodus 14: 21-22

"And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and when the morning appeared, the sea returned to its full depth, when the Egyptians were fleeing into it.So the Lord overthrew th Egyptians in the midst of the sea. Then the waters returned and covered the chariots, the horsemen, and all the army of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them. Not as much as one of them remained." Exodus 14: 27-28

For the past 1 month, when i walk from my block, thru the green fields, to the bus stop, i thought to myself : is this what i wanna do for the rest of my life? To spend my whole life slogging for profits and material needs with a crisp of hyprocrisy and materialism in the corporate world. Is this what i wanna pursue -ambition and career at the expense of my family,my husband, frens, and in future my kids. It seems too true to know that one can never serve 2 masters: money or God. Where your heart is, there your treasure is. i asked myself, asked God where my heart is.

i've been tinking for too long to let go of everything and focus on what i should do. Too many worldy things that i can't bear to let go- the materialism of life, the ambitions. I realise that these things crippled my walk with God. It's time to let go. God seems to wake me up suddenly from a dream in my own world. Somehow, in our lives, sometimes, we got cluttered with many things that crippled our walk with God and God just came one day and decide it;s time for spring cleaning. haha....:P It's going to be messy, dirty, PaInful....Yet, when it;s clean,it's going to be a clean vessel for the work of God.

Somehow, it seems God just convicted me: Just do it! Seems very Nike right? <> So one morning, i woke up, asked T to type the letter and submitted it that same day.

In pursuit of material needs and career, i have sacrified time for hubby, sacrficed the domestic support i should give to hubby, sacrificed time to minister and most importantly, sacrified time for God.I've never sacrfice anything in my entire life. Coz i always believe in fighting for ur own rights. And this time round, the Lord taught me self-sacrifice.

Yes. This time round, i've chosen to quit my job! <> To me,it's the first step to bide goodbye to materialism of the corporate world and the hectic schedule. I'm not taking any job in the next one month. Next month will be for God. I've spent enough time working for my boss, It;s time to give this one month for God.

I need to slow down my pace, take time to dwell in God's presence, spend more time ministering to small group people and cook for hubby. He's been falling sick and i really hope to cook some healthy home cooked food for him. SInce i've been so engrossed in my work, i haven't been cooking for him. And he has never complained about his wife not cooking or cleaning up the house as often as she should.He deserves much more healthy food than i can give him now.

Sometimes i wonder. We spend so much time on our corporate work, yet how much time do we spend on God' work and ministering to His people. WHo is our master? Our corporate boss or God? It's sad to see people motivated and bz for career, yet laid back for God's work. May the Lord open the eyes of His people to see His lost sheep without a shepherdand be burdened for His work.

Wish me all the best! Pray for me as i spend the next one month resting in God. Pray for Terence and i as the Lord continues to lead and prepare us for some major changes in our lives. May His will be done in our lives for His glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).