Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm going to be a daddy!

5th July 2008

Some times, God gives you gifts that you never asked for, and at unexpected times as well.

4 weeks ago, we found out that Daphne was pregnant (after a series of home test-kits, GP visits, and other events that would warrant an essay in itself :) ) Part of me (silently) blurted out "Whoa, are you serious?", but another part of me calmly (and audibly) proclaimed "Hey, we've been married over 3 years, it's about time!"

Living with BFC folks meant that there were babies all around. Punggol Small Group was often a 'pink party' with the 5 little girls melting our hearts each time we hug them goodbye. Kids were a way of life as we took turns to carry/play with them in between and after service.

Vivid pictures of sleepness nights, diaper parades, overly doting grandparents, redecorating the spare room, pink walls with Hello Kitties (*faints*) fill my mind, along with many many many questions:
  • Do I want a kid? Definitely! I want to have at least 2, maybe 3 kids.
  • Does it matter if it's a boy or girl? I think a boy would be 'safer' for a first kid, cos they're tougher physically. I'm not the most gentle of persons :P (But girl or boy, I'll love em the same, ie. lotsa lotsa lots! :D )
  • Do I want Daphne to be a stay-home mom? Well, for the last 2 years, I've been telling her that she can be a tai-tai if she wanted, provided she could stand staying at home all day.
  • Should I buy a car? Possibly if I don't go study in USA next year.
  • Could I possibly afford 3 kids? God provides, but it will involve much sacrifice on our part.
Anyway, this Saturday, we will have our first Gyne visit at KK AMK branch.

PS. And no, if you're speculating, little Leong wasn't made during June Camp, but just over a week after it. :P

1 comment:

Hershey said...

Hi Both, Congrats. It's so timely that the new package for parenthood has just been announced. Savings, savings, Savings! Do your best, God will do the rest. Cheersv =)