Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cantata. Praise God for souls saved!

Thursday, Final Rehearsal
When I woke up for work in the morning, I could feel the flu bug creeping up on me: runny nose, chilly hands, whole body very nua. The air con in office didn't help things, so I set it to fan mode, but it still wasn't comfortable. Sigh. Too many emails to send and I left about 2pm, sigh....By the time I reached home, I was like super exhausted.

Measured my temperature, 37.0 deg. Started packing to leave at 3.20pm, and kinda slumped on the sofa. No strength to move. Went to lie down in bed. Took my temperature, and it shot up to 37.7 deg. Daphne went to ACS herself first. Closed my eyes and almost didn't wake up when Daphne called home to tell me to get to ACS for 2nd rehearsal after dinner.

Somehow, I could still remember my lines, and when I was under the lights, I didn't feel so feverish. Maybe it's the warm glow of the spotlight, or adrenaline, but I knew that God was sustaining me through the rehearsal. How am I so sure? Cos I slumped kinda unconscious the moment I got into Kim's car on the way home. :)

Friday, First day:
Woke up feeling weak. 36.9 deg. Thank God the fever's gone. Went to ACS, miked up, dolled up again (yucks!) :P and was feeling fine till about 6.30pm after dinner. Waiting for the crowd to arrive, I felt the feverishness coming back. Alot of people asked me how I was, and my response changed from "Thank God I'm ok" to "Fever's back, but I'm still ok". David prayed for me backstage and everything went fine as the scenes went on.

Mom and Dad and Ceh came to watch. Disappointed that they didn't get saved. Haiz.... if I ever leave for IBC, it's the only regret that I would have, that they're still lost in sin. :```(

Saturday, 2nd day:
Woke up groggy as usual. Got better after I had coffee. That proves my theory that coffee can cure all diseases! :P

Spent the morning bugging Adrian and Terry (from AO) to come, but they kept throwing up excuses and gave a half-yes half-no answer. Haiz. In the end after cantata, I couldn't find them at ACS. Can't blame them, I should have spent more time having supper with them in the past year.

Anyway, I thank God for:
1) Helping Daphne overcome stage fright
2) Healing me from a 37.7 deg fever, and keeping me (and my voice) strong enough to act and sing
3) Saving 7 souls during the 2 nights

God is good, and He will see us through. We just need to pray, trust and obey. :)

No comments: