Tuesday, December 2, 2008

little leong on her bus ride to tampines.......

i had an unforgettable bus ride yesterdae, a ride i certainly will remember for quite some time.

Back then in NTU Marketing school, there was a joke that if u can't make the best advertisment, then u make the worse ad. Coz the ads that capture the hearts and stay in the minds of consumers are either the BEST or the WORST~! It takes great effort for consumers to simply remember an average ad~. So if u wanna gain attention and can't be the best, then BE THE WORST! haha....:P it's a joke to laugh about, but, i guess it's reallie true to a certain extent!

Well, for my bus ride, it's not the best for it to stay in my mind. So with ur intelligence, i'm sure u know what kind of ride it is!!!!:)

Looking real pregnant, i boarded bus 27 towards Tampines. As usual, the bus was kinda packed to the brim. Thank God i managed to squeeue my way to the handicapped lots, to grab unto the pole provided to balance the little volleyball in me.:P And YES, i was standing right in front of the seats reserved for pregnant, elderly and handicapped. I was right in front of the sign that reads " To give up the seats for ........" Somehow, no one reacted and everyone kinda pretended that they did not see me. Or did they not notice my tummy? As i was kinda right in front of the sign, the playful cheeky and rebellious me was soso tempted to read out the sign ALOUD on the bus and see if this little experiment would make any difference. But, the other mature and sensible me knew that it was not appropriate to create such a scene. Of course, in the end, i yielded and joined in the pretence show everyone was putting up, playing my part well of being unaffected by the entire situation.

Seriously, i',m quite fit and i'm content to stand the entire bus journey. I dun need the seat. It's not the seat issue. To me, it's the heart issue!!! It saddens me to see how "ugly" people can be. or rather "selfish " . I reflected on my own feelings and i realised that i dun feel anger, but rather sad. i detested this behaviour! And it saddened me to see the hearts of selfish people. It suddenly dawned upon me that somehow in life, there are such selfish people and this is reality. Indeed, this world is not such the PERFECT world and i was comforting the inner me that i should jusz manage my expectations. AND not expect people to meet up to the expectations i hold. And to pray that God can give me that extra grace and mercy to accept them.

Anyway, after a little while, guess what!! This Pri 2 gal on the handicapped seat stood up and gave her seat for me. i was touched by the kindness of this little gal and my heart was warmed. i realise that education and age plays no part in moulding the hearts of men. An inoocent little one who has little life experiences and education, with a heart of gold, is far greater than one who has received excellent education and made great achievements in life.

For little leong, i rather she be a simple gal with a heart of gold than one who boasts great achievements in life yet never known the true meaning of kindness and love for people around her. What is the world teaching these days? i wonder....

1 comment:

Chiao Chyi said...

Hi Daphne,

I had the same experience many times on the train when I was pregnant last year and I was very disappointed too! Quite shocking how they'd look at me and turn away. But it's true, we really sometimes don't need the seat haha.